Saturday, June 13, 2009

The basement

We decided to finish part of our basement a few months ago to make a space for a toy room for Ryker. Right now my whole house is a toy room and it's driving me crazy! Then, when I found out I was pregnant we decided to finish a bigger space so we could move my office downstairs to use the upstairs room for the baby. We ended up finishing two bedrooms, a big family room, and a bathroom.

And finally...after 12 weeks of back-breaking labor (of the construction crew) it is finally finished! It turned out great and I'm excited to start moving rooms around to get the baby's nursery ready. Ryker already loves the new area and runs from wall to wall screaming. We really need to focus on teaching him to safely go up and down stairs now.

Here are some before/during/after shots:

Bathroom and family room area before...

Bathroom during...

Finished bathroom!

More finished bathroom. I love how it turned out. As you can see Ryker already got to the toilet paper.

Family room during...

Family room after.

2 comments:

Peaceful Mommy Kayleen said...

Wow - that looks great! Did you guys do it yourself, or hire someone?

Jess said...

That turned out beautiful! How nice to have the extra space!